FIRE AND WATER DAMAGE REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ACTION! CALL US IMMEDIATELY!
At Smart Construction and Remodeling Inc. we understand that when your home has been damaged by fire or water you want immediate action taken. Our representative will meet with you at your home to secure your property if required, prevent any further damage and help you through the restoration process.
Fire and Water damage to your home is an emotional ordeal.
We understand this and we want you to know that we will carefully examine the damage and work with you and your insurance provider to ensure that you receive the best care, restoration, and Insurance settlement.
- STEP 1Our representative will meet with you and do an overview of the damage. This involves accessing the damage caused by fire and or water. Reviewing the damage caused indirectly by smoke and soot and documenting everything with photos. It is important that you contact your Insurance provider right away. Our representative can help with this process. There will be a number of things that are important to tell your provider.
- STEP 2We will determine what can be done right away to secure your property and make any emergency repairs. Any emergency repairs made before the Insurance Company adjuster does their inspection should be well documented so that it can be included in the loss claim. Any other work should not be done before the inspection by the Insurance Company so as not to jeopardize coverage. We consider an emergency repair to be any repair made in order to prevent further damage to your property.
- STEP 3Our representative will meet with you and the Insurance Adjuster to make sure that all necessary tasks, items, repairs and any other related losses are brought to the attention of the adjuster. This is very important because repairing fire and water damage can be a very complex scope of work. We have found that many times the adjuster will rely on our expertise to detail the work required to properly make the repairs. View our Insurance Claim Process
- STEP 4The Insurance Company will usually issue a starting check right away so that we can begin the repairs as soon as possible. Along with the check will be a copy of the loss claim which will detail every task that the Insurance Company determines is necessary to make the repairs. Fire and Water Damage claims can be 20 or 30 pages long and very complex. We will go through the claim with a fine tooth comb to make sure that the proper line items have been used as well as the material amounts and labor charges. We have not found a fire or water claim yet that we have not renegotiated to include more than the original claim. This is not the fault of the adjuster or Insurance Company. It is because these losses are very complex and it is very easy to overlook things that will need to be done.
- STEP 5Complete reconstruction and repairs of all damage as listed on the Insurance claim. When completed the Insurance Company is notified by us that all repairs have been completed. Any supplements or change orders approved during reconstruction are added to the claim and the final check is mailed to you for the final payment.
Smart Construction and Remodeling is a home improvement company that is here to help when you have fire and water damage. We proudly serve Minneapolis, St Cloud, Shakopee, Edina, Inver Grove Heights, Bloomington, Blaine, Burnsville, Apple Valley, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Elk River, Forest Lake, and Woodbury, MN. and surrounding neighborhoods. Contact us at (612) 216-1186 to schedule a free consultation.